David Shearer won’t put his leadership straight to a membership vote in February. All I’m saying is he could at least own his tyrannical sense of entitlement, explain that this isn’t a democracy, it’s a cheer-ocracy, and invite us all to suck a big dick.
MeganWegan tagged me, the flirt.
The rules of the game are thus: all ye who are tagged as stylish bloggers have to spill seven interesting beans about yourselves before passing the baton of nomination on to seven others. The world becomes a marginally happier, more knowledgeable place, blog friendships are developed and sealed and everyone gets a unicorn. Well not quite, but it’s a bit of fun at least, right?
- I have two tailbones! They didn’t fuse properly when I was a guppy, I mean infant. The technical term is occult spina bifida. For reals.
- I still dream of being a writer, which is a large part of why I blog. But I hate that living in a capitalist society means I only put value on my writing if I could get paid for it.
- I have never met my biological father, or “sperm donor” as he was always known when I was growing up. And you know, after a long time and a lot of therapy I think I can safely say I’ve got 99 problems but missing my “real daddy” ain’t one.
- I can’t abide people needlessly trying to maintain some kind of “dignity” in relentlessly silly circumstances. The typical example involves people being all “I don’t want to play, I’ll suck” during a massive drunken RockBand marathon.
- I’m an only child. Some say it shows.
- I do not believe there is an upper limit to the number of polka-dot items one can have in one’s wardrobe.
- I think I might be an atheist. I haven’t really given it enough thought to be certain though.
On the slightest change you haven’t yet been introduced, let me urge you to check out Privilege Denying Dude.
For all your why-isn’t-it-the-weekend-yet stress-relief needs.
Yoinked from Ami Angelwings:
B5 fans, when you see this, post one of your favourite B5 quotes in your journal.
Who am I? I’m Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you’re ever going to see. God sent me.
Best. Episode. Ever.
Never let it be said I’ll ignore a good meme (or praise, either!). I’ve been tagged by Deborah (and others) at The Hand Mirror, and darnit if that doesn’t make me go *squee* inside, because I bloody love THM.
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
The nominations for Blogs QoT Likes are:
Fetch me my axe – belledame222 rocks my world.
Fuck Politeness – angry Aussie feminist/political rants, and I can’t get enough of the series on the Sydney Morning Herald‘s continuing quest to constantly sexualise athletes.
Questioning Transphobia – it’s all in the name, and I do not know what I did before finding Lisa’s awesome work.
Renegade Evolution – the God Emperor of Rome, sometimes Not Safe For Work but always kickin’ ass and taking names.
And just to fulfil my requisite Geek Quota:
Girls Read Comics (And They’re Pissed) – Feminist critiquing of comics (and related fandom), written by a Kiwi! What’s not to love?