It’s hard to overstate my satisfaction.
Today, gentle readers, Ideologically Impure is three years old.
Okay, enough of the gratuitous Portal references.*
It all started all those years ago with And thus … a blog. I was really just looking for a place to vent my spleen away from Bookface or Livejournal, and I guess I hoped someone would read it eventually. And apparently you do!
Since then, I’ve guest–posted at The Standard, helped contribute to and host the Down Under Feminists’ Carnival, and most recently kicked off a badass new collective Kiwi feminist blog, The Stroppery, with some lovely co-angry bitches.
To shamelessly thief an idea from The End is Naenae, the top ten posts at Ideologically Impure over its time have been:
- Pippa Wetzell resigns from TVNZ (sadly, fully establishing the inability of middle New Zealand to comprehend satire, or how blogs work)
- I am a woman and I enjoy sex
- Just fuck you, ALAC. Fuck you and fuck the horse you rode in on (sadly, no doubt bumped up due to far too many horse-porn fans on the Google)
- Who needs identity politics?
- Why chicks dig “jerks”
- Schrödinger’s Privilege
- Abortion reform: all about destroying The Left
- Newlands College to be awarded Grand Woman-Shaming Prize at secret Patriarchy Conference
- Fuck rugby culture
- This is what this feminist looks like
A nice grab-bag of my favourite issues, really.
Onwards and upwards!
*Note: Queen of Thorns rejects the notion that there is an upper limit to gratuitous Portal references.