- RT @ShakingStick: Funniest thing about the @avancenz piece on Lusk is the implication that Slater is all about the grace. http://t.co/qrsd8… 1 hour ago
- RT @_surlymermaid: Hey @TheNationTV3 would you ask Steven Joyce or Simon Bridges if they were a bitch to work for? No? See what you did the… 3 hours ago
- RT @keith_ng: What a piss-weak rebuke from @DavidShearerMP! stuff.co.nz/national/polit… 17 hours ago
- RT @alranztweets: The Prochoice Highway is organising a recycled Tees project, and is looking for T-worthy slogans. Tweet 'em or visit http… 1 day ago
- RT @LOLGOP: The Boy Scouts of America will accept openly gay Scouts but not gay adult Scout Leaders. Because who wants kids to grow up to b… 1 day ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
UK-based blog Liberal Conspiracy has a great post up about why the Conservative Party (no no, not our hilarious bunch) is facing such a fight on marriage equality* despite the majority of the population supporting it. The bit that fascinates … Continue reading
This week, we’ve seen some really clear examples of how parenting and politics don’t mix. Nanaia Mahuta, MP for Hauraki-Waikato, had to take her five-month-old baby into the debating chamber late on a Friday night because 8 of her Labour … Continue reading
[Content note: ableism, use of "crazy"] So I saw Fatal Attraction was getting a re-run on Sky Movies this month. It’s one of those often-cited trope-forming classics I’d never seen, and I have no upper limit on how much villainous-Glenn-Close I … Continue reading
The hotel operators who refused service to a lesbian couple have decided to double down on their bigotry by making out like they’re latter-day martyrs for the cause of Traditional Family Values. Louisa Wall brings the two-by-four of legal reality. … Continue reading
You might think the legal/policy arrangements around reimbursing carers of adults with disabilities would be a bit of a minority issue which the vast majority of New Zealanders don’t have to worry about, due to their able-bodied privilege. But you’d … Continue reading
I really, really hate the phrase “NZ Inc” and would not be said to see all those who use it uncritically fired into the heart of the sun. We’re not a corporation. We’re a fucking sovereign nation. (Damn, that should … Continue reading
Well, at least Diane Vivian got well rewarded for letting Paula Bennett use her as a puppet to shit on beneficiary parents.
Bugger this. I’m off getting pissed. Have a macro specifically targeted at the political/trashy History Channel crowd.
This is a great post on some of the basic reasons that bra fitting is a feminist issue. It predominantly affects women, but not all women have breasts and not all people with breasts are women – and those people … Continue reading
This one goes out to all the people whose employment is entirely based on the fact that they say gratuitously offensive crap into a microphone on a daily basis. Stop apologising for doing your job. This isn’t an expression of … Continue reading