- RT @stevendeknight: You mean the homophobe demo? Fuck no. RT @mscottsabre Next time try to reach a broader audience not just women and ho… 6 hours ago
- RT @AcademicMale: I am academic male and you can tell that my work is of global significance by the way I keep saying 'this work is of glob… 17 hours ago
- And yet, still no sign of the Herald's DEMOCRACY UNDER ATTACK banner ... wp.me/pf2cg-V3 1 day ago
- When the right is failing even in terms of their own rhetoric wp.me/pf2cg-V1 2 days ago
- Have finally seen a "Yeah, Nah" temperance ad. Does it make absolutely no sense to anyone else? 2 days ago
Author Archives: QoT
You might think the legal/policy arrangements around reimbursing carers of adults with disabilities would be a bit of a minority issue which the vast majority of New Zealanders don’t have to worry about, due to their able-bodied privilege. But you’d … Continue reading
I really, really hate the phrase “NZ Inc” and would not be said to see all those who use it uncritically fired into the heart of the sun. We’re not a corporation. We’re a fucking sovereign nation. (Damn, that should … Continue reading
Well, at least Diane Vivian got well rewarded for letting Paula Bennett use her as a puppet to shit on beneficiary parents.
Bugger this. I’m off getting pissed. Have a macro specifically targeted at the political/trashy History Channel crowd.
This is a great post on some of the basic reasons that bra fitting is a feminist issue. It predominantly affects women, but not all women have breasts and not all people with breasts are women – and those people … Continue reading
This one goes out to all the people whose employment is entirely based on the fact that they say gratuitously offensive crap into a microphone on a daily basis. Stop apologising for doing your job. This isn’t an expression of … Continue reading
Brittany Mann from Critic magazine spent some time with the Dunedin antichoice protest thugs. Quote of the day: I asked him what Voice for Life does, apart from protesting abortions. “Not a lot,” said Les, unabashed. “It used to be … Continue reading
Family First have helpfully posted online the full text of the letter and decisions informing Bob McCoskrie of his deregistration as a charity. I’m not sure why he thought this would be a good idea – maybe he just copy-pastes … Continue reading
In a previous post I questioned recent research which was widely reported as “proving” that there’s no positive mental health benefit associated with abortion – thus basically “disproving” the idea that abortions are being legitimately permitted on mental health grounds … Continue reading