It’s hard to overstate my satisfaction.
Today, gentle readers, Ideologically Impure is three years old.
Okay, enough of the gratuitous Portal references.*
It all started all those years ago with And thus … a blog. I was really just looking for a place to vent my spleen away from Bookface or Livejournal, and I guess I hoped someone would read it eventually. And apparently you do!
Since then, I’ve guest-posted at The Standard, helped contribute to and host the Down Under Feminists’ Carnival, and most recently kicked off a badass new collective Kiwi feminist blog, The Stroppery, with some lovely co-angry bitches.
To shamelessly thief an idea from The End is Naenae, the top ten posts at Ideologically Impure over its time have been:
- Pippa Wetzell resigns from TVNZ (sadly, fully establishing the inability of middle New Zealand to comprehend satire, or how blogs work)
- I am a woman and I enjoy sex
- Just fuck you, ALAC. Fuck you and fuck the horse you rode in on (sadly, no doubt bumped up due to far too many horse-porn fans on the Google)
- Who needs identity politics?
- Why chicks dig “jerks”
- Schrödinger’s Privilege
- Abortion reform: all about destroying The Left
- Newlands College to be awarded Grand Woman-Shaming Prize at secret Patriarchy Conference
- Fuck rugby culture
- This is what this feminist looks like
A nice grab-bag of my favourite issues, really.
Onwards and upwards!
*Note: Queen of Thorns rejects the notion that there is an upper limit to gratuitous Portal references.